Instagram has come a long way in the last 10 years and managing multiple Instagram accounts has become easier than ever before. Since Instagram is now a medium for businesses and influencers to promote products, most users will need more than one account and, therefore, will need to toggle between them seamlessly. The app has recently made it easier to manage multiple Instagram accounts on a phone or desktop. So if you’re struggling to manage multiple Instagram accounts you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve put together a handy guide to help you manage two or more Instagram accounts. Scroll through the post to get tips for creating and managing multiple Instagram accounts.
How to Create, Manage, and Delete Multiple Instagram Accounts from Your Desktop or Phone
How Many Instagram Accounts Can I have
Have you ever wondered, is there a limit to how many Instagram accounts you can have? According to Instagram’s Help Center, you can have up to five different Instagram accounts per device. If you need more, you will have to log out and back in as necessary to manage them. In addition, each account will need its own email address or phone number. While can use the same login email or phone number for different accounts, this can cause a lot of problems, so avoid it at all costs.
Why do I Need to Switch Instagram Accounts?
As previously mentioned, users may have more than one Instagram account. There are various reasons for this. One account may serve for their usage and another for their business. Besides, if you want to cover different topics and reach a different audience, you might create multiple Instagram profiles.
How to Create a Second Instagram Account
It is possible to merge your two accounts. However, if you don’t already have a second Instagram account, you’ll need to create one before connecting them. Here’s how to create a second Instagram account that will instantly give you access to your other Instagram account(s):
- Open the Instagram app and tap your profile picture at your screen’s bottom right;
- Next, tap the account name at the top of your screen;
- Choose Log In or “Create new account”, then tap “Create new account”;
- Come up with a unique Username, then tap “Next”;
- Create a password and tap “Next”;
- Once it is done, you can “Complete Sign Up” or “Add New Phone or Email”. For security reasons we strongly recommend that you select “Add New Phone or Email”. Otherwise, you could potentially lock yourself out of your other account permanently;
- Enter your email or phone number. Tap “Next”;
- Type in a confirmation code that you will receive via email or text message;
- You could also connect to Facebook at this step. You can always return to this step later, even if you choose to Skip now. If you wish to do it later, you’ll be prompted to Follow Friends by connecting your Facebook account. Tap Skip to set up Instagram later;
- At this step, you can Search Your Contacts to find your friends on Instagram. Tap Skip to do this later on;
- Next, tap skip if you don’t want to add phone contacts;
- Next, you’ll be prompted to a profile picture. You can skip this and do it later on;
- Then, you will be taken to the Discover People page. Here you can find friends on Facebook or connect your Contacts list. You will also see a list of popular Instagram accounts to follow.
- Your account is now ready to be set up!
- A good rule of thumb is to create some posts before inviting your Facebook friends and Contacts to connect with you. But this is up to you!
Now let’s take a closer look at how you can switch between your multiple Instagram accounts.
How to switch Instagram accounts on Desktop
Even if you have two or more Instagram accounts, you can still switch between them on a desktop. Here’s how you can do it:
One of the easiest ways to switch between multiple Instagram accounts on the desktop is to open your accounts on different browsers. While you might need multiple browsers on your desktop like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, it is not always the most convenient way.
Alternatively, you could try and open Instagram accounts from separate tabs on an existing browser without logging out. But this can be a risky venture – if your activities are noticed, then any of your accounts might be suspended.
To avoid this, opt for software that makes switching accounts on the Desktop easy. There are several paid solutions that would do this job for you. Most of the software use common steps to adding Instagram accounts:
- Run the software like HootSuite;
- Add Instagram as your desired social network;
- Click on the “+” in the top right of the screen and set up Instagram;
- Enter your account name and choose the color;
- Login using Instagram or Facebook details.
Switch Instagram Account Using Google Chrome
In case you didn’t know, Google Chrome gives you the perk of creating separate accounts. To do this, you need to follow the below steps.
- Click on a photo shown at the top of your browser;
- Next, you will see the “other people” option;
- Click on the add button;
- Name your new account;
- You might want to select an icon, so you know which account you are using;
- Now you can set a new password but do not click on syncing with other profiles.
How to switch Instagram Accounts on Smartphone
As you know, Instagram was designed with smartphone usage in mind. On the mobile, you can connect up to five accounts and switch Instagram accounts. The steps to adding Instagram accounts on mobile are relatively straightforward:
- Go to your profile by tapping on profile picture;
- Next, tap on Settings;
- Tap on “Add Account”;
- Tap on “Add Account” at the bottom of the screen;
- Type in the username and password of the account you wish to add;
- Tap Log In.
How to Remove an Instagram Account From My iPhone
If you have multiple Instagram accounts but want to remove an existing account from Instagram, you first need to unlink them. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the account you want to remove;
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner to see Instagram settings;
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings;
- Scroll down and tap Log Out;
- Next, confirm to log out of an Instagram account.
Congrats! You’ve just signed out of the account on your iPhone. If you can still see it in the drop-down menu, this is due to a bug. You can always re-add it to keep your account searchable. If you want the disappear everywhere on the platform, you will need to delete it permanently.
How to Delete an Instagram Account
First things first, you need to know that once you delete an Instagram account it is complicated to recover it. If you are confident that you want to delete it, follow these steps. Making one account disappear everywhere on the platform will not affect the other connected accounts. Here’s how to delete an Instagram account, step by step:
- First, open Instagram on your iPhone and tap on the Profile icon at the bottom of the screen;
- Tap the Settings icon on the Profile page and then the “Help Center” section;
- You’ll be prompted a number of options, find “Delete Your Account” among them;
- Type in your Instagram account information and explain why you want to delete your Instagram account.
- Enter your Instagram password again and tap “Permanently deactivate my account” and hit “OK” to confirm. This will remove your Instagram account from your iPhone.
How to Manage Multiple Instagram Accounts from Your Desktop or Phone: Wrapping up
Many bloggers and influencers manage multiple Instagram accounts to reach unique variations of the target audience.
Though the procedure of switching accounts may seem difficult over some time, you will get the hang of it. You will then find it comfortable to manage multiple Instagram accounts. Always check the profile you are working on before posting anything. Social media users catch mistakes quickly, and any error on your part could damage your own credibility and distort accurate communication.
0 commentsWrite a comment